"Nobody wants to be just a point and shoot Photographer" Mojibola Durojaiye tells Elegance IQ in an exclusive interview

 
Fast emerging Nigerian Photographer, 'Mojibola Durojaiye' explains in an exclusive interview with Elegance IQ that the Nigerian photography industry is very motivating at the  moment for it reveals how far photographers can go in their career as well as his journey to becoming a photographer and how he tends to improve at his art with the help of YouTube tutorials amongst many other things. The 22 years old Lagos based photographer currently focuses on portraits, editorials and fashion photography and is currently studying Computer science in the Lagos state Polytechnic.


Elegance IQ: Tell us a little bit about you
Mojibola: My name is Mojibola Durojaiye, I'm a photographer focused on portraits, editorials and fashion photography, based in Lagos. A 22 year old computer science undergraduate in the Lagos state polytechnic

Elegance IQ: What is your current state of mind before we continue with the interview?
Mojibola: Trying to work on ideas and get better at retouching.


Elegance IQ: What or who got you started in photography?
Mojibola: Always had passion for photography but then I got inspired by "Amazing Klef" following his Instagram page made me push myself into learning photography officially.

How long have you been a photographer?
Mojibola: Can't be precise, but I started officially in 2016


Elegance IQ: What sort of work do you specialize in?
Mojibola: Mostly portraits and fashion but then am pushing towards event photography and lifestyle.

Elegance IQ: Did you go to school to study photography?
Mojibola: Not really had a 3 months photography course at "Photonext studio" where I studied basic photography skills and how to handle a DSLR.

Elegance IQ: What type of cameras do you shoot with?
Mojibola: For now I use a Canon 700d with a kit lens and a 50mm prime lens.


Elegance IQ: What is your favorite photography accessory, other than your camera?
Mojibola: "Lights" I started my self practice with natural lights but then there was so much to photography than that so I'm trying out different lights to find one that best suit my style of photography.

Elegance IQ: If you had to choose one lens which one would it be and why?
Mojibola: Can really specify, every lens have their specialty you just always want to try out a better one.

Elegance IQ: How do you educate yourself to take better pictures?
Mojibola: I attained this much knowledge through online research, I spend most times on YouTube tutorial videos and I can say I've really learnt a lot from them and working on getting better.


Elegance IQ: What is your favorite computer/editing accessory, other than your computer?
Mojibola: My iPhone, I use Lightroom for iPhone to finish up some Portrait if I don't feel satisfied yet

Elegance IQ: How important is Photoshop in your final images?
Mojibola: Very important I must confess, after taking a good photo with my camera there's still need to retouch the photos.

Elegance IQ: How would you describe your style?
Mojibola: Am still working on my flexibility, but I can say I tend to get unique with my ideas, look out for inspiration and then do something new and different from what I might have seen or thought of.

Elegance IQ: What do you think of the photography industry at the moment and where
do you see it in 5 years from now?

Mojibola: The industry now is actually motivating cause people now see how far they can go deep into photography and be unique in their own way "nobody want to be just a point and shoot photographer".


Elegance IQ: What would you like to be doing in 5 years from now?
Mojibola: Well if photography becomes full-time then I'd like to do a lot of travel photography

Elegance IQ: A photographer who inspires you?
Mojibola: 'Emmanuel Olaleye'

Elegance IQ: Is there anybody or anything you would love to photograph?
Mojibola: Winnie harlow

Elegance IQ: If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be?
Mojibola: 'Prince Meyson'.


Elegance IQ: And the last question, if you had one wish..
Mojibola: Oh I'd wish for the economy to get better, most of us get stuck with what we have cause we can't afford the lens we dream of have

Elegance IQ: Oh one more, where can our readers find out more about you and your work?
Mojibola: They can check my Instagram page : @rhammy_banks Or Facebook: Mojibola
Durojaiye

Comments